Tuesday 11 July 2017

The Adventure Hood



Dear Readers, firstly let me introduce myself, I'm Chanchal Sharma from Delhi, India. I'm group member of bike riding group named "Himalayan Bikers Adventurer Tour Group". I use to go on biking/tracking/camping/touring etc on more or less monthly basis on my bike Royal Enfield Bullet. This time I'm sharing my experience with you all about my last camping in Lansdowne in Uttrakhand.

Lansdowne is the nearest hill station from Delhi (approx 240km from Delhi). If you want to take rest for 2 or 3 days in hills, Lansdowne is a good place to explore.
Now let's come to our route and itinerary for camping. I was the group admin in that ride as this time I was with my childhood friends (Langotia years :) ), so I've to take care of everything and every member. We started from Dilshad Garden, Delhi @ 5:00 AM in the morning and reached there around 11 AM with 12 riders six bikes by Meerut --> Khatauli --> Bijnore --> Kotdwara --> Lansdowne. We bought some camping and food materials from decathlon and local shops like Tent, Axe, Sleeping matts, Maggie etc. to stay in forest with bonfire and self cooked dinner.



If you guyz are outing together than you have to work together so I split task into different teams after finding place for camping, like one team is taking care of camp arrangements, another one is for woods for fire and dinner and another is for arrangement for water and rest of items.
Note: Most important part is Lansdowne is a Cantt Area so you cannot do camping there that's why we have to go 4 km ahead to Jaiharikhal named place for camping and that was awesome place for camping on the hills.

If you're thinking about places and adventures things to do, please go to bikatadventures.com as I'm following same website for suggestions.
Hope above information would support to new rider or trackers in future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day With Rag Pickers

That was a small initiative by our NGO named Rotaract Club of Delhi Vikas to make them Happy. A young rag picker commence their life by  ...