Sunday 15 December 2013

10 reasons why I love Yo Yo Honey Singh !!!!


Love him or hate him, but you can't ignore him. And I say it with much conviction because when I see even the ardent Honey Singh glued to watching his songs on Youtube, not once but repeated number of times, I am left with very little doubt.

Right from his track “Angrezi Beat Te’ that was picked for Deepika Padukone ‘Cocktail’ to his latest single album ‘Blue eyes’, Yo Yo is just getting more awesome. Don’t know why but while watching or listening to Honey Singh songs, I somehow don’t mind giving him that leverage to cross than thin line, which most women would take offence of.


Anyway, I have nothing against those who hate Honey Singh and allege him to be a chauvinist or whatever… here are my reasons as to why I love this Punjabi rapper.

1. I feel Honey Singh is realistic and believes in living life the way most North Indians are perceived to. Larger than life, loud, not giving damn to anyone and just enjoying, that’s Honey Singh best described for you.

2. Whatever people may say but in the end, Honey Singh is an achiever, a self-made celebrity, if I could say so. I can’t remember any rapper after Baba Sehgal who so beautifully mixed rap with basic Indian music. Kudos to Yo Yo!

3. Honey Singh songs are addictive and each of his number would invite or rather force you to listen to it again and again until you get the lyrics right. Well, I don’t think a composer cum singer cannot play his cards any better than keeping his fans engaged in his songs.

4. I like Honey Singh for the way he speaks his mind. At least he doesn’t pretend to be a hypocrite who has sleaze on his mind but would talk spiritual things. And if you say abuses, then correct me if a Snoop Dog can use slangs like M****F**** then why it is a crime if Honey Singh does the same for desi audience.




5. Then the visual effects of Honey Singh music videos are just too mind-boggling. Watch any of his music videos and I bet you’d fall in love with the picturisation. From girls to cars to much westernized step, the video won’t really make you feel that you are watching an Indian Punjabi rapper.

6. No big talk but Honey Singh’s music is really peppy and evidently that’s the reason why in such a short span of time, most of his songs have become the hottest selling tracks and most played at any party.

7. While typical Hindi Bollywood numbers tend to sound boring after a point, switch to Honey Singh tracks and you just cannot stop till the end. With songs like ‘Brown Rang’, ‘High Heels’ etc, you can continue tapping your feet and dance the whole night.

8. Honey Singh exactly knows what sells among Indian music audiences, especially the youth. Having hot babes bringing to screen the innate glam quotient, the singer ensures that he doesn’t disappoint his (male) fans.

9. Honey Singh possibly is the only rapper who has managed to share screen with quite a few top notch actors and made him dance on his compositions. Some of my favourites include Akshay Kumar in Boss and Shahrukh Khan in Chennai Express.

10. Last but not the least, the Punjabi within me does not allow me to hate Honey Singh. Not giving much heed to whether his lyrics really project women in bad light or not, I would rather wish to enjoy listening to them and not judge him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day With Rag Pickers

That was a small initiative by our NGO named Rotaract Club of Delhi Vikas to make them Happy. A young rag picker commence their life by  ...